Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Great Helpers!

My kids are great helpers.


My friend had more cherries that she knew what to do with so she offered me some. I loved canned cherries as a kid so I decided to can some. I borrowed my friends cherry pitter and we went to work.

Here they are washing the cherries. Cameron also helped me use the cherry pitter. He loved it. I later found that I probably should have supervised the pitting process a little closer. One of the jars didn't seal and so I opened them so I could eat a few. I ate a few and then I got one with a pit. Oops! I thought. Then I ate a few more. 90% of that bottle still had the pits in them. I don't think he pushed hard enough to push the pit all the way out. So if you eat any canned cherries at my house...beware you may find a surprise!



They love the garden and always want to be in the middle of what I am doing. On Thursday we picked 2 grocery bags of peas and they helped me shell them and freeze them. Jorie likes to snack on the raw ones. Cameron is all about business. It is a race to see who can fill their bowl with peas first.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Cosette, I can't believe how big Jorie is, your kids are so cute! We need to get the kids together, maybe Jorie can give Caleb some walking tips!

Mel said...

What a fun story. It's always nice to have help. right?